onsdag 17. juni 2015

DONT WASTE FOOD

I am a foodie, and I love love love cooking. Especially to experiment and try out new recipes, healthy or not. I also dont like to waste food. I normally buy a lot of fresh produce, sometimes I buy a bit too much, or I forget that i have it. So sometimes I end up throwing something that could have been a lovely meal in the bin. I dont like that.

Today for instance, I had a look through my fridge and had some veggies i needed to use. Quickly had an idea for a soup and 50 min later I have soup for the rest of the week.

I made a soup with butternut squash, peppers and some spinach who was living its last day. Threw it it in a large sauce pan with some garlic, salt and topped up with water. Made it simmer for about 35-40 min, took of the heat, blended it and added some pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, paprika and some more salt until my taste buds said this is it. In a soup bowl and added some oat milk and more pepper for taste. Easy, simple, done, with a good feeling that I havent wasted any food.

Making up soups like this are so easy. You can pretty much add whatever you want. Some sort of stock would probably be nicer, but unfortunately I didnt have any.




Also the best part that one of these servings are around 50 kcal give or take.

Stay happy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar